Going back to our lives after rest can provide lots of stress. Here are some tips for a smooth transition back to work.
The holidays are over and it’s time to return to our normal lives, including our work life. Sometimes the holidays do not go as planned and the level of stress is actually increased as you return to work. We want to provide some tips and strategies you can implement in the first days of the year to establish a new routine and have an easier transition to this new year, particularly around a mental health perspective. The goal is to help you be more conscious about taking care of your mental health as you go back to work.
Follow these tips and start off on the right foot:
- The first step is planning and organization. A few days before returning to work, it is advisable to begin to resume the schedule gradually, so that the change is not so abrupt. Organize tasks that must be done according to priority level.
- Take care of your mind. Focus on the positive aspects of returning to your routine and think about the projects and goals you can achieve through your work. Look for relaxation exercises to help calm your mind.
- Build a list of free-time activities you can do (so that you do not think only about work), which will provide you the opportunity to continue enjoying moments with friends, family, and for yourself.
- Take care of your diet and your body to fuel and energize yourself. A good diet with balanced nutrition and exercise will keep you much more active and cheerful. Proper maintenance is required.
- Take active pauses during the day. Try to stretch, drink water, or just relax for a few minutes. This will help to keep your mind and body healthy.
- Talk about your feelings and don’t be shy about asking for help if you think it’s necessary.
- Establish a routine that you can follow every day, to know exactly what you must do and to keep you focused.
- And as a last step, set short-term goals that you want to achieve this year, all with the aim of maintaining constant motivation and not losing focus.
Remember that having strong mental health must be one of your goals this 2023, not only for becoming the best at your job, but also to be the best version of yourself.
If you want to be part of our team Apply now.